breasts can cause some women to have both health and
emotional problems. In addition to self image issues,
you may also experience physical pain and discomfort.
of excess breast tissue can impair your ability to lead
an active life. The emotional discomfort and
self-consciousness often associated with having large
pendulous breasts is as important an issue to many women
as the physical discomfort and pain.
known as reduction mammaplasty, this procedure removes
excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin to achieve
a breast size in proportion with your body and to
alleviate the discomfort associated with overly large
right for me?
reduction is a highly individualized procedure and you
should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone elseís
desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
reduction is a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- You donít smoke
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts
are too large
- Your breasts limit your physical activity
- You experience back, neck and shoulder pain caused
by the weight of your breasts
- You have regular indentations from bra straps that
support heavy, pendulous breasts
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease when
your breasts are unsupported
- You have enlarged areolas caused by stretched skin