If you are
dissatisfied with your breast size, augmentation surgery
is a choice to consider. Breast augmentation can:
- Increase fullness and projection of your breasts
- Improve the balance of your figure
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
known as augmentation mammaplasty, the procedure
involves using implants to fulfill your desire for
fuller breasts or to restore breast volume lost after
weight reduction or pregnancy.
also may be used to reconstruct a breast after
mastectomy or injury.
augmentation does not correct severely drooping breasts.
If you want your breasts to look fuller and to be lifted
due to sagging, a
breast lift may be required in conjunction with
lifting can often be done at the same time as your
augmentation or may require a separate operation. Your
plastic surgeon will assist you in making this decision.
right for me?
augmentation is a highly individualized procedure and
you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone
else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
augmentation may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts
are too small
- You are dissatisfied with your breasts losing
shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or with
- Your breasts vary in size or shape
- One or both breasts failed to develop normally